Tuesday 5 May 2015

Trekstock

Every now and again, in between kissing my child to death/restraining myself from killing him, cleaning up poop and not doing my revision, I get to go and do some pretty exciting albeit horrendously nerve-racking things with Trekstock. A little while back we did some filming with Liam Payne (out of One Direction) which went against every moody goth bone in my body, we were filming to promote Trekstocks new THRIVE programme which is supporting young people and helping them to thrive through cancer- have a look at Trekstocks website for a far better explanation than I can give. Following the filming, I along with the rest of the young persons panel were invited to the Great Gatsby Ball, needless to say I spent at least 4 weeks buying and sending back outfits.

The ball was hosted by Liam and his Girlfriend Sophia Smith, and hosted by Scott Mills, we saw Dynamo perform and the surprise guest was Michael McIntyre, which was insanely exciting for me, that floppy hair and squidgy face :O. The purpose of the ball was to auction of various things such as cooing lessons with Jamie Oliver and X Factor tickets, things along those lines ALL to raise money for Trekstock, which is just insane. The evening alone raised around 100K, so.. despite my grumpy goth instincts, I've got to say the power of One Direction is strong, and Liam Payne has gone up a good few ranks for me, he did a fair amount of bidding himself. So Thanks Liam!
Here's some horrific photos of me. Why do I never look how I think I look when other people take my photo?!



(THERES THE TOOTH)



No comments:

Post a Comment